Monday, January 9, 2012

Coconut Fruit Salad

Hello... I haven't forgotten about you, Blog... in fact I've been taking photos, receiving recipes cooking galore! I just haven't made or taken time to write about them...

This is a quick shot of my breakfast from the other morning... on the bathroom floor... because I liked the colours! It's Daddy's take on my muesli, natural yoghurt (something I've gotten used to in the last year because it's cheaper that fruity/Greek yoghurt...) and a fruity salad.

The salad being the purpose of today's post. It's inspired by my Ginger, Lime and Pineapple fruit salad dressing, but tweaked a little... for example, instead of grating the ginger, I cut it up reeeal small which meant that when you got a bite of ginger, it wasn't overpowering, but it still nibbled back! I've added a little citrus juice, and coconut for fun too!
What to do:

Peel and chop your fruit as needed. (I used mostly summer stone fruit, so very little peeling was needed... plenty of chopping though!) Put chopped fruit into a bowl.

First zest, then using a knife, top and tail, then remove the peel and pith from the sides of a citrus fruit of your choice (I used an orange)... put the zest and cubed orange flesh into the bowl with your fruit - then squeeze the juice from the sliced off pith to create a dressing.

Veeery finely dice 1cm of peeled root ginger... and put that in with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice and about 2 Tbsp of coconut.

Toss together and serve with your favourite breakfast or dessert foods (I think it'd be particularly good with some coconut ice-cream)

No comments:

Post a Comment